World Cup 2018 : Rows of Interesting Facts Nigeria Vs Argentina
Jakarta The struggle of Argentina advanced to round 16 of the World Cup 2018 is not easy. Because, La Albiceleste have to live match dead against Nigeria in the closing party of Group D 2018 World Cup at Krestovsky Stadium on Wednesday (27/06/2018) early morning hrs.
La Albiceleste not only needs a positive result in the game.
They also have to achieve great victories in anticipation of scenarios in separate places. The new Argentina have one point from two World Cup matches this year, just as Iceland faces Croatia.
However, they have a worse goal productivity. Both teams are two points behind Nigeria. While Croatia has ensured themselves as group winners.
“We know the task is in sight and we will fight for it,” said Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano, quoted by the BBC.
Here’s an interesting fact duel Nigeria vs Argentina in Group D 2018 World Cup:
1. Argentina won at least one victory in the group phase during the World Cup.
2. For the first time since 2002, Argentina will not be the group stage winner of the World Cup.
3. Lionel Messi failed to score in the last 22 shots he released in the World Cup.
Other Interesting Facts
4. Nigeria one group with Argentina in four World Cup editions. They always lose with a one-goal deficit.
5. Nigeria only once won a World Cup success, achieved in 1998. At that time they conquered Spain and Bulgaria.
6. With four goals scored, Ahmed Musa only lost to Asamoah Gyan (6) and Roger Milla (5) in the list of Africa’s most fertile players in the World Cup.